Thursday, June 17, 2010

Random Book Related Thoughts

CustomerImage.axd(Author type learning moments from FAQ)

1) So the book isn’t perfect…

…as any of you reading it will have surely noticed. True. So what? Does it still entertain?

Do the pages still bleed with food for your vampiric mind?

2) Do you (the author) believe in the politics of the book?

Do you (the reader)? I believe in them yes, I believe they exist in our minds. I hope to make you want to believe them, hate them, love them, disbelieve them and want to think about them more..and less. It is a fiction. To get at my personal politics/philosophy would be a much different (and equally as entertaining) conversation/book.

To paraphrase Whitman:

Do I contradict myself?

So I contradict myself,

I am vast I contain multitudes.

3)  What genre is it?

Activist-pre-post-post-modern-literary-poetical-fiction. It is a book, in the genre of words on paper- read it.

Please post additional questions for me- or for other readers. I’ll try not to answer all of them with a novel length reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment